karlynp

Karlynp & The Doggone World

Dark of Night - Suzanne Brockmann Wow, where to begin?!! This was a hot, intense and thrilling addition to the series. Dark of Night is easily one of my favorites in the series, right along with Over the Edge and Gone Too Far.

I intentionally did not read any of the spoilers prior to reading this book (which was extremely difficult to do!), so I had no idea who the main characters were going to end up with. I wanted to read this book as it was intended to be read, and I am very glad I did. It made for such a thrilling and surprise filled read! Without giving any spoilers, I will say that fans of this series will love it. Fans who dropped out should strongly consider dropping back in. And for those who have yet to read the series, know that this book should be read in order. Specifically, the books Flashpoint and Into the Fire are `must reads' to fully understand and appreciate this one. This book focuses on Nash, Dave and Decker, the continuing saga that followed them when they left `The Agency', and of course the women who (will or already do) love them.

All of the storylines were great, and unlike other books they were all very much connected to one another. For some storylines there is closure, and for others it's just the beginning. What I especially love about this book is that it took things in a direction I didn't see coming, especially for Decker. Brockmann brought her A-game when writing his storyline. (Go girl!! Keep those kinds of storylines coming please!) In short, Decker got a girl who can match his desires and who sees him for who he really is. I would never have seen him with someone like her, but they are perfect together. I can't wait to read more about their story in future books.