karlynp

Karlynp & The Doggone World

Delicious - Sherry Thomas I debated between 2 and 3 stars on this one as the story itself was utterly absurd. I can stretch my beliefs only so far, but this one pushed passed my limits on many occasions. But in the end the annoying and absurd faded away and we got a decent ending. And I liked Stuart and Verity’s characters enough to stick with the story to learn more about her past. And without a doubt Sherry Thomas can write. I just wish she told a better story and didn’t jar us with flashbacks.

SPOILER
v

Here is what really bugged me. We learn early on that Verity has a secret past and identity, but the way she hides her identity (and for so long!) took the cake. When her and Stuart would meet in the dark, or she wore a mask, the book came very close to being a wall banger!! She is the dang celebrated cook so we are suppose to believe that she goes weeks upon weeks without her boss ever meeting her – and he didn’t find that odd either?!! And they fall in love based on the taste of her food, but without any meaningful conversations?? Not to mention he doesn’t even know what she looks like or who she really is?!!! And then he gets mad at her for not revealing who she was in her past?!! For crying out loud, she was no better than the kitchen slut with a bag over her head prior to his outburst! And then he just gets over it. Just like that. Sings a brand new and unbreakable tune. And there was no wrap up to the storyline with her son Michael, but I really didn’t care at the end. And then everyone lived happily ever after despite all the warnings that such a marriage would cause world chaos and utter shame for all.