karlynp

Karlynp & The Doggone World

Holiday Sparks - Shannon Stacey I read this as part of the anthology 'Naughty and Nice', and found this story to be the stand out winner. A great holiday romance read.

Web designer Chloe Burke returns to her small hometown in Main to house sit while her parents take a long cruise. Master electrician Scott Quinn is thrilled to get a call from his high school fantasy girl to help fix electrical problems at her parent's old house. Chloe does not remember Scott, but the attraction sizzles between these two quickly. With Chloe going back to Boston in only a few weeks they both realize that it's a temporary affair, but the connection between these two is undeniably hot.

Holiday Sparks was a wonderful steamy hot holiday romance that had me grinning ear-to-ear through the entire story. I absolutely love great dialogue and teasing banter between the hero and heroine, and this one had some of the best I have read in a long while. The pacing was so believable that I never once doubted that these two could really fall in love (and lust!) with each other in only a few short weeks. I only wish this were a full-length novel, as I would have enjoyed spending a lot more time reading about these two. I loved it!