karlynp

Karlynp & The Doggone World

Cat's Tale: A Fairy Tale Retold - Bettie Sharpe 4.5 stars. Overall, I loved it. I listened to this one on audio, and the reader was fantastic. (I'm sad she hasn't recorded any other books.) Cat's Tale was a fun naughty spin off of Puss In Boots, a fairy tale I am not familiar with. I don't know how it compares to the original tale, but as a stand alone fantasy read it was great and easy to follow.

This is a reverse 'reform the rake' type story, where the heroine (not the hero) has a wicked and immoral character. I loved how the heroine gradually grew a conscience, and how she came to see Julian for the whole man he is and not just what he could do for her. It had plenty of dark humorous moments, a clever storyline, and some great steamy hot scenes with a YUMMY hero. :-)

If you read and enjoyed her book Ember, this is more of that same great dark humor and clever writing. I cant wait to see what the author does next.