karlynp

Karlynp & The Doggone World

Seduction of a Highland Lass - Maya Banks This series just gets better! I love an ‘ injured hero being saved by a heroine’ plot, and this one delivered. But what I really love are romances where the hero and heroine must overcome impossible odds, and that is what made this one such a winner for me. Of course you know these two will get their HEA, but how they will make it work was a huge question! Alaric McCabe is betrothed to the daughter of a neighboring laird, and this vital alliance must be made. The King himself demands the alliance.

When Alaric McCabe is gravely injured after his men are attacked in the middle of the night, he barely escapes on his horse. Keeley McDonald, an outcast living alone in a small remote shack, discovers Alaric barely alive and uses her healing skills to save him. These two are immediately drawn to each other, but Alaric must remember his future is with another.

The author is Maya Banks, so you can count on some great steamy love scenes too. And it delivered! I’m not a fan of BDSM, but Ms Banks even treats us to a hot sexy scene with a wee bit of bondage done Highlander style. YUM, HOT, and WOW!

As I mentioned in my review for In Bed with a Highlander, I wasn’t a fan of this author as I assumed (wrongly) that all of her books must be like Colters' Woman, a book I really didn’t care for. Despite so many people saying her writing is completely different I held off on reading this series. I should have listened to everyone earlier, because this series is just pure fun to read. Do they have plot holes? Oh yes, you’ll need to stretch your imagination in places and just accept a few things as real even when you know how unlikely they would be in a real situation. But that is the fun when reading a sexy, highlander romance novel. It's not a fluff read, so be sure to have some Kleenex toward the end.