karlynp

Karlynp & The Doggone World

Immortal Rider - Larissa Ione And the plot thickens! Whew, I loved it and now I can't wait for the next.

In this second book, Limos is faced with her many past lies as they come back to haunt her. Long ago she made a deal with the devil, literally, and now those she has come to care about are going to learn of her lies unless she can stop those who threaten to reveal her secrets.

Arik is the human who has been lusting after Limos, and after one quick kiss he finds himself fighting for his life as demons try to torture and punish him. Limos is the intended bride of Satan, and she even wears his chastity belt, so no man can have her.

Limos helps rescue Arik, and they find themselves working together to find her agimortus (sp?), one of four tokens that can help stop the apocalypse. They must also battle Reseph/Pestilence as he tries to find ways to break the seals that protect the remaining horsemen from turning evil. I enjoyed how Arik got Limos to slowly respect the power of truth instead relying on lying, and how her love for Arik became more powerful to her than evil. They made a great pair.

The other romance brewing is with Than, who is forced to accommodate the sexy Regan while she does research on the horsemen to help figure out how to stop the apocalypse. However, she has nefarious intentions which has Than blowing his f'n mind in fury. (Oh, I can't wait for their story next!!)

This is the most intense PNR series I've ever read, built around a richly detailed paranormal world of vampires, demons, humans, angels and much more. It's a spinoff from her Demonica series, but with more complexities and greater evils. I'll admit it's a challenge to follow as there are so many characters with so many magical gifts, but well worth it. I am in total awe of Larissa Ione for being able to weave such complex world and keep all these characters straight. Amazing!