karlynp

Karlynp & The Doggone World

Playing for Keeps - R.L. Mathewson What a funny and sexy contemporary romance! It was over-the-top silly, but it made me laugh so many times! And best yet, the steamy parts were HOT.

Jason is Haley’s next door neighbor from HELL, but in truth he really is a fun and misunderstood kind of guy. Sure, the neighborhood started a few many petitions trying to get him to stop doing this or that, but he means well. And his shy little neighbor has never once complained. However, Jason is pretty clueless when it comes to things like women. Lucky for him, Haley is a great teacher.

Zachary Knighton as Jason:

Shy school teacher Haley can’t believe she finally stood up for herself against the jerk neighbor, but it felt good. Really good! After 5-years she breaks her silence and charges full force to tell him to quit picking her tulips! And it turns out her neighbor isn't half bad at all.

Zooey Deschanel as Haley:

Jason soon discovers Haley and him have many things in common. She loves the Yankees, video games, carnivals, and best yet - the woman can bake! Good for Jason, cause he can eat, and eat, and eat.

But soon the friendship deepens, and do they get HOT!

I loved this little story. It was funny, hot and just what I was in the mood for. While Jason was a bit full of himself, I found myself really enjoying his character. Haley was a perfect fit for a guy like him, and it was fun watching her deal with her shyness. My only complaint is that I felt the laughs faded too much toward the end as Jason and Haley had to work through their drama before they could find their own HEA. Still, I really enjoyed it and I'll be reading more of this series. Thanks to all my Goodreads friends who recommended this, otherwise I probably would never have found it on my own.