karlynp

Karlynp & The Doggone World

Ride with Me - Ruthie Knox Ride With Me was quite the journey, LITERALLY, and I enjoyed it a lot. It’s a steamy romance where our hero/heroine meet on a cross country bike ride across the U.S . on the Trans-America Trail.

This is the journey Tom & Lexie went on:
Oregon --> Idaho --> Montana --> Wyoming --> Colorado --> Kansas --> Missouri --> Illinois --> Kentucky --> Virginia

This is the journey the readers went on:
Not With Me! --> Fight With Me --> Talk With Me? --> Not With Me --> Sleep With Me! --> Come With Me! --> Share More With Me --> Fight With Me --> Not With Me! --> Sleep With Me! --> Spend Forever With Me.

Overall I loved this book, I just would have like a bit less angst between Tom & Lexie. When Tom & Lexie got along, this was a great read and I couldn't put it down. I loved the sexual tension between these two, and I had no problem believing these two belonged together and would make a great couple. Their conversations were warm and funny, and could they burn up the sleeping bag! But when they were fighting or not speaking to one another, which was often, I found myself wondering why the heck are they continuing on this road trip. Especially Lexie, who I felt spent too many weeks on this trip in a miserable funk.

Tom had some real baggage from his past, and the guilt he carried was quite deep. I couldn't imagine being in his shoes and not feeling much of what he felt, so I never questioned his desire to be a loner on the bike trip.

I loved the conversation with his sister:
“Please, Tom. You can’t ride your bicycle across the country alone. It’s insane. You’ll end up being slaughtered by a serial killer.”

“Taryn, I’m thirty-five, single, tattooed, and antisocial. I’m the serial killer.
Lexie was a great heroine too. She gets him to open up and quit living in the past, and she discovers an amazingly wonderful guy beneath a gruff surface. Their attraction turns into a bone deep kind of love, but they refuse acknowledge what is changing between them. They have much to work out.
Somehow, she managed to be totally innocent and scorching hot at the same time, his Eve in the Garden of Eden. Tom was uncomfortably aware of her. Uncomfortably hard for her. You’re not Adam, asshole. You’re the snake.
I'm still not sure how I feel about the ending. While it was abrupt, I also thought it was soooo sweet and yummy. I do recommend this book, especially to fans of steamy road trip romances mixed with humor, angst, heat and great scenic details.

The Trans-America Trail