karlynp

Karlynp & The Doggone World

Tall, Dark & Lonely - R.L. Mathewson Warning: This book will make you squirm, laugh, vomit, gasp, swoon, and bang your head on hard objects.

3.5 stars. A campy, nutty, off-the-wall blood-lite vampire romance not recommended for the serious PNR lovers or those with delicate sensibilities.

I almost DNFd this one a half dozen times, but something about Ephraim and the weirdness of the story kept me reading. It was full of absurd plotting, a motley crew of nutty characters, all mixed with some off-the-wall world building. WTFery on nearly every page. At times it was so disturbingly weird (and not always in a funny ha-ha kind of way), but I found myself fascinated all the same so I couldn't stop reading it. Parts of it were hilarious, and other parts were hot, but the vast majority of it was just off-the-wall. I shake my head asking myself "what the F did I just read?!" It was soooooo over-the-top.

And no, I don't know if I will read more of this series. For now, this book was quite enough. Glad I read it, but it will be a long while before I will be in the mood for more. It was like riding a roller coaster with no seat belt, and trying with all my might to stay in my seat.