karlynp

Karlynp & The Doggone World

Hostage to Pleasure - Nalini Singh I loved this one! I enjoyed the previous books enough to slowly continue with this series when I was in the mood, but I honestly never understood the fan crazy fascination with this series until now. This one really made me a believer.

Dorian and Ashaya started off as opposite as could be. She is a cold non-feeling psy, and he is a hot tempered changeling with a blinding hate for her race. He fought his attraction, but as Ashaya broke away from her silence and started showing human emotions, he was a goner. I loved Dorian and he was so protective of her son Keenan. I loved watching Ashaya melt away from her silence and begin to trust and feel for Dorian.

Oh wow, this was so well written. The chemistry between these two was HOT and sigh-worthy. And the story was so good too, and it even had my most hated plot trope: the evil twin! I normally HATE evil twins in romances, but this one was done brilliantly. I bought it hook, line and sinker. I highly recommend this book and series to any adrenalin junkie romance reader.