karlynp

Karlynp & The Doggone World

Tempting the Best Man - J. Lynn, Jennifer L. Armentrout Tempting The Best Man was a lite, cute sexy short story about unrequited love. Predictable? Yes. Original? Heck no. A fun read? For a light beach read, absolutely.

Madison (Maddie) has had a crush on Chase since she was a little girl. Chase is her brother Mitch's best friend, and now his best man in his upcoming wedding. He believes Maddie is too good for him, and off limits since she's the sister of his best friends. But things heat up at Mitch's wedding, and he finds himself struggling to keep his hands to himself.

I really did enjoy this little story. It had a good dose of steamy tension, and I didn't mind all of the contrived 'alone time' scenes. My only issue came toward the end. The 'big misunderstanding' was an eye-roller with too much over-acting drama, and their lack of being able to act like adults at this stage of their 'friendship' took this down from a 4-star to a 3-star. I do recommend it as a light beach read with a good dose of steam, just don't take the characters all that serious.