karlynp

Karlynp & The Doggone World

Lethal Rider - Larissa Ione Wonderful story, but I might be done with this series.

This was Thanatos and Regan's story. He is one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, and she a human Aegis Guardian. After tricking Thanatos into having sex with her (in book 2), she is now pregnant with a son who could either start or end the apocalypse.

I couldn't wait for their story, and it paid off. I loved both of these two, and the twist with having their unborn son be such a prominent character worked great. BUT... despite loving this book, I don't think I'll read the next. Not sure, but I think I'm done.

Why? I really did love this book, but this series might be getting TOO complex for me! There are soooooo many moving parts to this series - and soooooo much to follow, remember, and understand. There are story arcs from previous books in this series, plus characters and locations that were introduced in a completely different series. So much magic and other PNR rules/twists to remember.

Glossary or not, I finally had to let some of the world building fly over my head and just focus on the romance aspect. I am glad I read a few books in the Demonica series, as it helped me understand this complicated story, but I'll admit to being lost quite a bit while reading this book. I can't imagine anyone reading this book as a stand-alone, it would be a monumental struggle to follow along.

I wish I would have waited until all books are out, than I could read them closer together and not struggle so much. I feel like I need a PhD in Demonica world-building in order to fully process this one. Frankly, I found that killing my enjoyment of this series. Despite enjoying this series thus far, I don't think I can take on yet another layer of even more world-building rules, characters, consequences, and story arcs.