karlynp

Karlynp & The Doggone World

Try Me - Olivia Cunning 4.5 stars. I LOVED the steam factor (HOT!!!!) but I especially LOVED the H/h. Try Me was great steamy erotica novella with a rock-star and a good girl.

The Story
Melanie doesn't get the appeal of rock-stars, tattoos, piercings, and all that 'freakish' behavior, but her BFF Nikki is obsessed with it. So when her friend drags her back stage at a Sole Regret concert, only to abandon her when she hooks up with the lead singer, Melanie tries to quietly sit and wait for her friend to return. But when she befriends a 'normal' guy who at first-glance appears to be sans all that freakish shit, she finds herself pleasantly attracted to him.

Gabe is Sole Regrets drummer, aka 'Force'. He is enchanted by the beauty he just met as she doesn't even recognize him! So when he reveals a mohawk with head tats beneath his hat, and tats and piercings beneath his clothes, Melanie may just change her mind about freakish men.

My Thoughts
Wow, Gabe and Melanie are my kind of H/h in a romance. For such a short novella, I was surprised how deeply I liked and connected with them. I enjoyed their honesty with each other, loved seeing who they are beneath the personas, and thought their sex scenes were smokin' hot. (BTW, this an m/f erotica, no ménage)

I don't read a lot of erotica, but I really like how this author incorporates hot sex with a solid, likable story and interesting characters. For a novella length story, this was an impressive bit of erotica.

I have no idea if this is going to be a new series, but I would love to read more about the band members and see what Gabe and Melanie were able to make of their budding relationship.