karlynp

Karlynp & The Doggone World

Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers, #1) - Tara Sivec Argh! I just lost a review I spent nearly an hour writing. :-(

3.5 stars. In summary, Claire and Carter met five-years earlier and had a drunken one-night stand that left her pregnant and neither of them knowing how to find the other. Five years later, a chance meeting brings these two together again.

This was a funny romance story, and I get why people are recommending it left and right, but it had way too much snarky, naughty, over-the-top 'bumper sticker' type humor for me. It was just toooo much at times. The constant jokes about vaginas, poop, penises, a cursing 4-year old, and getting drunk were hilarious at times but they also became annoyingly repetitive.

I loved the romance between Carter and Claire, I thought they had great chemistry. What they had together was oddly normal considering all the craziness surrounding them.

Gavin was a crack up. A 4-year old with a mouth like a sailor, and some hilarious comments about the very adult world that surrounds him.

The friends were a great mix for the story, their wackiness made Carter and Claire look like the 'normal' ones.

The author clearly has a great sense of humor, but for me it was just too much. The lack of seriousness at times wore on me. If this had a better balance between humor and seriousness, I probably would have loved it.

The story does have a solid HEA, so I was quite happy how it ended. I know there is a sequel, but I think I will pass on reading it.